We don’t anticipate heavy rain but there is a chance of light morning showers. It’s always good to be prepared so here are some tips to manage rain race day.
- Arrive early and give yourself plenty of time to park and get your transition area set up. We suggest parking between 6 – 6:30 am.
- Wear layers and rain gear to stay dry before the race.
- Avoid wearing cotton race clothing and wear dry-wicking material.
- Bring a hat to keep water off your face during the run in just in case.
- Wear one or two pairs of thin socks designed for running and avoid 100% cotton socks.
- Get a small poncho at a drugstore and throw it in your race bag.
- Bring a dry set of comfortable clothes to change into after the race.